Sunday 18 May 2014

Frights Camera Action and More

Another line that we were interested in picking up was Frights Camera Action.  I have always liked Viperine Gorgon and Elissabat, but didn't care much for Honey Swamp and Clawdia Wolf at first.  With Honey Swamp I just never paid much attention to her.  All I saw was a giant afro and pretty much dismissed her right away.  I don't think I ever even picked her up to take a closer look.  Then one day I saw a video review of her and instantly changed my mind.  She is a beautiful doll and her afro actually looks quite awesome on her.  She has a really nice color scheme and a beautiful face.  Clawdia on the other hand took me a lot longer to warm up to.  It's just that crazy bright yellow hair that bugs me.  I didn't even want her at first, but Sam said that the set wouldn't look complete without her.  After unboxing her, I noticed that she has a really pretty face.  I love that she's actually smiling, I'd love to see a smile like that in more of the dolls.  I don't think I'll ever be a fan of her hair, but when she's on the shelf with the other dolls it doesn't seem to be quite as noticeable.  Viperine has a really cool design with the snakes in her hair, snake-like eyes, and a snakeskin body mold. 


Elissabat is a really nice doll with a cute gothic design.  I love her outfit, especially her boots.  Frights Camera Action Draculaura and Clawdeen are also really nice dolls.  Even though they are pretty basic they have a really elegant look to them. 


 


Another doll I never paid much attention to was Jane Boolittle.  Every time we went out we saw about a hundred Jane Boolittles on the the shelves, but we had no idea who she was.  At that time we hadn't watched any of the Webisodes yet, only the movies.  Since we were really only interested in the characters that we recognized we didn't bother checking her out.  Then one day we watched a video review on her and I loved her so much.  I loved her outfit and hair, as well as her whole color scheme.  I also think she has a really pretty face.  


Once we watched the review we found out that she appears in Volume 4 of the Webisodes, so we headed over to YouTube to check it out.  After watching the episodes she's featured in I fell in love with her character.  Being a shy girl who loves animals myself, I can really relate to her character.  The episodes are:


We have found a couple of awesome deals at Kmart.  The Dance Class dolls were on clearance for $2 each, but unfortunately they were all gone by the time we got there.  We did, however, manage to score Catty Noir for $14 and Power Ghouls Clawdeen as Wonderwolf for $15.  Since Clawdeen is the only one of the Power Ghouls we have right now, we're going to leave her boxed until we get the others.  


















We also found the Werecat Sisters Two Pack on sale at Toys 'R Us and picked up a Coffin Bean Toralei to go with them.  I really love the original Toralei, but she is rare and mega expensive on Ebay.  Coffin Bean Toralei is a really nice one too though.  She has long hair in this version, which I think looks really cute on her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment