Friday 20 June 2014

Yay, New Stuff!

Today has been a fangtastic day for Monster High! For a long time now we have seen the same dolls every time we go out, except for our recent Freaky Fusion Save Frankie find, and the occasional old stock we've been lucky enough to find.  When we found New Scaremester Catrine DeMew we really thought we start seeing new stuff pop up soon.  It was so strange that there was one New Scaremester doll at Target.  Anyway, since our Catrine find we have been searching all the stores with high hopes.  Eventually it began to feel like we were on auto-pilot.  We'd walk back to the Monster High section, half-heartedly rummage through the boxes, and leave empty-handed. We've made some amazing new additions to our collection from our recent Ebay finds, but there's something really exciting about walking into a store and finding new stock.

We were out this morning so we decided to have a quick look at Toys 'R Us.  No surprise, there was nothing new, so we decided to check out a few nearby stores.  We went to Target, hoping that they would finally have more New Scaremester dolls, since we had found Catrine there a few weeks ago.  There was nothing new at Target so we headed over to Big W.  As soon as we walked in Sam said that he had a really good feeling that we'd find something.  Around this time of year the shops here in Australia have massive toy sales and Big W seemed to be preparing for it.  There were some sale signs up and some of the toy shelves had been moved around.  We headed back to the Monster High section with an extra spring in our step.  We got back there and found....nothing.  We were extra disappointed since this time we had gotten our hopes up a bit, so we just decided to call it a day and head home.  On our way out, Sam gasped and started pointing at something.  I couldn't figure out what he was looking at at first, but then I saw it...a whole Monster High display in the center of the isle!  We rushed over and found....new stuff!!  It was the new Creepateria line!  They had all three of them, Howleen, Cleo, and Draculaura.  I was sooo excited!  I love Creepateria Howleen and have been looking forward to seeing her in stores for a long time.  Howleen is one of my favorite characters, she's super cute.  I absolutely love that she has one folded down ear, and it's cute that she's younger and smaller than the other ghouls.  Creepateria Howleen is my second favorite version of her, after 13 Wishes.  I love the blue streaks that she has in her hair this time, and it's in a cute style.  Because they don't come with stands, we decided to just leave Howleen in her box for now.  Once we take her out I'll post an out of box picture.


I also really like Cleo in this line. The blue and purple streaks in her black hair are beautiful, and I love how colorful her dress is.  We unboxed Cleo so we could add her to the Egyptian shelf.  


As I was still drooling over Howleen, trying to choose the one with the best hair, Sam noticed the new wave of Dead Tired sitting right next to them.  It was Robecca, Lagoona, and Spectra.  I thought Robecca was especially cute.  The whole Dead Tired line is actually very cute, and we want to get them eventually, but there are other dolls we want more, so we decided against getting any right now.  As I was still on the first side, Sam moved around to the other side of the display.  He tried to speak, but instead of words sounds just came out of his mouth.  I rushed over to find him holding a New Scaremester Jinafire!  This was the first Jinafire we had ever found in stores.  We have searched all over town for a Scaris Jinafire and Skelita, but haven't seen them anywhere.  Although Scaris Jinafire is definitely my favorite of the two, the New Scaremester version is awesome.  She is just an awesome and unique character.  And I love dragons, so that definitely adds to her awesomeness. 


In addition to Jinafire, they also had New Scaremester Catrine and Clawdeen.  I am completely in love with Clawdeen's outfit in this line!  I don't necessarily dislike her hair, but I'm not too crazy about it.  I prefer when she has long hair that is mostly brown.  If she does have streaks, I prefer them to be only purple.  Clawdeen is another one of my favorite characters...what can I say?  I love wolves.  My perfect Clawdeen would be to take Schools out Clawdeen (left) and dress her in her New Scaremester clothes (right)...which I plan to do one day.  I also think the New Scaremester clothes would look amazing on I Love Fashion Clawdeen.



The stock photos for New Scaremester Clawdeen always show her with this super cute bob that sort of curls in towards her face.  However, on the actual doll, the hair is longer, more straight, and sadly gelled to the point of pretty much being a hair helmet (picture above).  Although, from what I've read, this problem is easily fixed by simply washing all of the gel out with warm water and brushing the hair.  Check out this blog post of someone who has done it.

We were so thrilled to finally have found so many new lines, but that wasn't all of them yet.  Next to New Scaremester was...Ghoul Sports!  OMG, I have been totally in love with Ghoul Sports Toralei since I first saw a review on her!  Her hair, her outfit, her colors...I love everything about this doll.  Sam is usually the one that sets up their poses, because he's really good at it, but I wanted to try with Toralei this time because I had a good idea.  I'm really happy with the way she looks.  I used some tape and one of the clear rubber bands from the packaging to attach the ball to her hand.




They also had Ghoul Sports Clawdeen and Spectra, Clawdeen being my second favorite.  With so much new stuff in front of us it was hard to hold back...it was so tempting to get one of everything.  We're trying to be good though, and not go overboard and get everything all at once.  We decided on Howleen, Cleo, Jinafire, and Toralei for now.  Next time we'll finish off Creepateria and Ghoul Sports by grabbing Draculaura, Clawdeen, and Spectra.

After getting home and getting them all out of their boxes, we decided Jinafire would look even more awesome with a Skelita next to her, so later that night we headed to Kmart to grab Art Class Skelita.  I love Scaris Skelita, and I love Skelita as a character, but for some reason I had never been very interested in the Art Class version of her.  Sam has always liked it, but I've always told him I wasn't too crazy about it.  My opinion changed when we got her out of the box though.  I'm not too sure, but I think it was something about the way her hair was rubber-banded into the box.  Once she was out, and I straightened up her hair a bit, I thought she looked quite nice, actually. 



















Reviews of Dolls Pictured



 

No comments:

Post a Comment